Friday, June 19, 2009

Jefferson County, AL Early Records

From: http://www.rands.parrottfarms.com/ with permission from Stacy R. Webb

Early AL, AR, and MI Settlers, 1700s-1800s

Goyne, James Book : Index to Alabama Wills, 1808-1870
Page # : 62
Goyne, John Book : Index to Alabama Wills, 1808-1870
Page # : 62

John Goyen-Jefferson Co., Alabama

The State of Alabama
Jefferson County

To all to whom these presents shall come know ye that I John Goyne of the county and State of aforesaid being in a low state of health, but keeping a sound and disposing mind and memory; and being (unledgeable) to settle my worldly affairs and to dispose of my property by will as to me (unledgeable) correct and proper do hereby make, publish and declare the following as my last will and testament, to wit.

In the first place I will beqieth that all my just debts be paid.
Secondly after the payment of my just debts, I give and bequath unto my beloved wife Nancy Goyne during her life all the balance of my property which may be left after my just debts are satisfied both real and personal.

And in the third and last place, I appoint my beloved son John R Goyne my executor to execute this my last will and testament.

In testamony whereof the said John Goyne have here unto set my hand and affix my seal this 27th day of April in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and thirty nine, & 63rd year of American independance. (Seal is affixed here) John Goyne

Signed sealed and published
released in our presence as the last will and testament of John Goyne

(Witness signatures are unledgable)


A return of the sheriff administrator of the estate of John Goyne dec.
I have been unable to find any property belonging to said estate except some small articles which were sold under an execution aforesaid before the death of said Goyne,
the State of Alabama
Jefferson County
Persoanlly appeared before me Baylis E. Grace clerk of the county court aforesaid county Moses Kelly Sheriff adim. ex afficio of the estate of John Goyne dec. who being duly sworn deposith and saith that the foregoing is a true report of the estate of said dec. so far as has come to his knowledge. M. Kelly sheff administrator of said estate sworn and subscribed before this 27th day (unledgable) of 1839, attest B E Grace.

1 comment:

  1. I am a descendant of John R. Goyne, the son of the John Goyne whose will appears above. John R. and his family moved to Christian Co. KY, then to Drew Co. AR, and by 1870 they were in Lamar Co. TX. John R's son, George Washington Goyne, was my great grandfather. He is buried at Fairy, Hamilton Co. TX.

    Charles Blakley

    ReplyDelete